I must confess…when the weather is cold, I cannot stand the thought of a cold smoothie or overnight oats. I’ve recently discovered “Kodiak Cakes in a mug” and it is my new go to breakfast for hectic mornings.
When I don’t have time to chop, stir, and cook–these babies are easy and loaded with whole grains, protein, and fiber. Even better, they come in Pumpkin Flax and Dark Chocolate–call me a happy mom!
The dietitian in me reminds you to read the box labels before choosing a flavor–some are more nutritious than others. I like the power cakes or energy cakes–they have added protein/fiber. Also, some have palm oil. I skip those, too.
Spa City Mama’s
Pumpkin Flax Energy Kodiak Cake in a mug recipe:
- 1tbs butter or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup mix
- 1/3 c water or milk
- microwave safe coffee mug
- Add butter or oil to mug and melt (15-30 seconds) in microwave
- Add mix and liquid. Stir to combine–be careful not to over mix or they will not be as fluffy
- Microwave again for 60 seconds, until cake rises and pulls slightly away from side of cup
- Top if desired with shredded coconut and a tiny drizzle of honey. I’m loving Saratoga Tea and Honey’s Cinnamon flavor for this one!
So delicious! Warm fuzzier all around 🙂
The best part about today?
Crisp, white snow and everyone is home! The hubs was on call last night, so we are free to enjoy a snow day as a family.